When thinking about investments, many people first think of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. But what about your home? When you purchased your home, you made an investment that you would like to protect and improve. Painting is one of the most cost-effective ways that accomplishes both, protecting your investment and increasing its value.
With so many options available in quality of materials, brand of paints, and preparation work performed, price ranges can vary drastically.
You’re going to see the exterior of your home everyday for as long as you live in it. Unfortunately, many people only focus on the initial price of the exterior painting job with the goal of finding the cheapest contractor, therefore sacrificing low-grade materials, quality preparation, warranty, and most importantly, a pleasant customer experience, which inevitably leads to regret—especially considering that unlike an Amazon purchase, an exterior painting job cannot be returned if one is dissatisfied.
Some of the most common “add-ons” found in the purchase of an exterior painting job include:
- Stucco repair
- Wood replacement due to termites
- Wood replacement due to dry rot
- Metal lath repair due to unusual cracking in stucco
- Installation of new stucco due to stucco rot
- Weep screed repair
- Vapor barrier application
- Decorative stucco foam molding around windows or doors
- Decorative wood frame around front door or windows
- Roof cleaning
- Gutter cleaning
- Door installation
As you can see, there are many options available when someone receives an estimate from our company. We thoroughly examine each option as to educate the homeowner on the option benefits based on a needs analysis performed on the home. We want to identify each area of your homes exterior in need of repair, and connect it with one of our service solutions.
How Much Does an Exterior Paint Job Cost in Orange County?
- The typical one story home in Orange County cost approximately $4,000 – $8,000
- The typical two story home in Orange County cost approximately $6,000 – $10,000
Variables affecting price include:
- Exterior square footage which is different from interior square footage,
- Condition of home
- Quality of materials used
- Add-ons (listed above)
- Contractor you select.